ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
RobertDeBord
New MemberPosts: 9
Like?
D5100 won't tether to my Mac
Aug 17, 2011

Hi all.

First post on the Nikon side. I had a Sony 707 years and years ago and posted on the Sony forums, but it's been long enough that I can't find my login info so I'm starting fresh with a new account!

I bought a D5100 this past weekend. I'm trying to tether it to my MacBook Pro running Lion. I've tried Nikon's Camera Control 2, Sofortbild and Aperture 3 and so far none of them will tether to the camere and let me control it via my Mac. They can see the contents of the memory card but no control.

I'm pretty sure either (1) this camera doesn't support this feature (though it's listed on Apple's site for Aperture compatible cameras) or (2) I'm missing something or (3) Lion is a no-go at the moment. I couldn't find any "enable PC" setting within the camera or in the manual, but I feel like maybe I'm missing something.

Has anyone else been able to make this work with a D5100 and a Mac? How about Lion in particular? Anything anyone can think of that I'm missing?

Thanks all, I appreciate any help or guidance anyone can throw my way!

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow