Two questions about NEX5 (N)

Started Aug 17, 2011 | Discussions thread
Rooru S
Contributing MemberPosts: 697Gear list
Like?
Re: Two questions about NEX5 (N)
In reply to Samsonic, Aug 17, 2011

Samsonic wrote:

Thanks a lot kaizr for the insightful comment.

Sadly, I've already sold my G3 but I still think I need an external microphone as the features like wind-cutting noise reduction and angled sound-picking are as important as sound quality for me.

I only hope Sony might do some improvements for the NEX-5N.

Thanks,

My recommendation. Get one of the Sony Pro-quality recorders or from other brands (Sony are very good) and record the audio and video separately.

or...The NEX-VG10 is a very good videocamera with almost the same capability of NEX-3/5 but very expensive (still after many months I see it with the same price tag as day 1)...If you see some negative comments about the camera, it's mainly because of people wanting Professional Quality in a consumer camera. The Sound quality is very good (the onboard quad-microphone) but you can't control the audio levels, I'm afraid. But it got more video controls than NEX-3/5. But be aware of the lack of firmware from Sony for the NEX-VG10.

Either way...if you decide to go for a NEX camera and you want the best video quality (and you have plenty of time and resources to work with), get NEX-5 or NEX-5N when it comes out, or the NEX-VG10 because they can record in AVCHD video format. Very heavy, resource demanding format but trust me, the quality it offers is very impressive. Make sure that you have a video editing software like Sony Vegas or Adobe Premiere Pro capable of handling AVCHD format.

Rooru S's gear list:Rooru S's gear list
Sony Cyber-shot DSC-W170 Sony Alpha DSLR-A850 Sony 135mm F1.8 ZA Carl Zeiss Sonnar T* Sony 24mm F2 SSM Carl Zeiss Distagon T* Sony 85mm F2.8 SAM +6 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow