Started Jul 31, 2011 | Discussions thread
TOF guy
TOF guy MOD
Forum ProPosts: 10,397Gear list
Like?
Re: It is delayed because ...
In reply to M Lammerse, Aug 14, 2011

Thierry wrote:

As for what would delay the D300s successor, the tsunami may have been a factor. Or they've prioritized the D700 successor. Or they know the Sony A77 or even the "7D MkII" specifications, and have decided to add more features to the new camera to better compete with its competitors. Who knows? But I truly think it's a safe bet that the camera has been delayed if it's not announced soon.

Michel answered:

Mechanical-functional/quality specific changes are done months before it goes into production. DX xxx series camera's are not produced (anymore) in Japan.

Anouncement and release schedule for the upcoming products is already for many many months ready.

That would also be true of Nikon's competitors. So I don't think that the fact that the feature set is frozen months before the release is incompatible with the theory that the delay is due to knowldege of what the competition is preparing. Of course that's pure speculation and even wishful thinking from my part: competition would benefit us.
--
Thierry

TOF guy's gear list:TOF guy's gear list
Nikon D800E Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 12-24mm f/4G ED-IF Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED Sigma 150mm F2.8 EX DG OS Macro HSM +3 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow