Started Aug 13, 2011 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
HDProman
Contributing MemberPosts: 781
Like?
Shutter Count by Canon Service Center?
Aug 13, 2011

I am seriously considering selling one of my 1D MKIIIs and I know people will ask, among other things, about the shutter count.

I do not personally care about shutter counts and so I have not made any effort to keep an accurate record. I fact my workflow is to format my card before each shoot and reset the numbering to zero. I have no idea how may shutter counts are on any of my cameras.

I have seen so many post about getting the shutter count from the camera with some "special" software that I can not remember for sure but I am under the impression that only a Canon service center can really access the camera's shutter count information.

Next week I will be in Orange County, California and only several blocks from the Canon service center in Irvine.

Has anyone ever had a Canon service center get the shutter count from a camera and if you have, for verification, did they give you a receipt showing your camera serial number and shutter count.
I think this information could be a big selling point to some buyers.

Thanks in advance...Floyd

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow