If a D800 comes out are you buying it or not - and give your reason?

Started Aug 11, 2011 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Senior MemberPosts: 1,909
Like?
If a D800 comes out are you buying it or not - and give your reason?
Aug 11, 2011

Okay I'm bored. I want to hear people's thoughts. If you shoot with a D700 just now, or even if you don't and your considering the D800 (IF it comes out!).

If you are say why?

If you aren't also give us your reasoning (don't need more res etc)

I'm on the fence, it would have to be really spectacular for me to upgrade...I've been fantasizing about it now for a few weeks but it's more a day dream than anything else. I thought to myself if it has video I would just love to have 1080 video ability so I don't have to carry another gadget on me - take my DSLR everywhere with me and enjoy it. But then I'm thinking that's alot of cash down the toilet to upgrade for just that...I guess I could sell the D700 and get a good bit of money but still. Hm do I need more res? I wouldn't turn it down, it's always useful for cropping, printing really really huge, getting more detail in landscape shots etc. Do I need better AF? Hm, maybe, maybe not the D700 is pretty damn hot already. Do I need better dynamic range? Hm yes, I would love a tone more of that - DR of 24 stops please (joking). Seriously though, one day cameras will be able to see what our eyes see without filters. How great would that be. No need to blacken out the skys with grads. (unless you really want to) But do I need all this? Does anyone "need" it. It's maybe more tech collecting as I call it. We love our gadgets don't we...

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
YepNew
nopeNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow