ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
simon2901
Regular MemberPosts: 123
Like?
A couple of concerns with my seccond nex 3 body
Aug 11, 2011

Hello

To make a long story short, i got allot of lenses, which i also showed in here for very cheap just before going on a interrail with the my sony nex+ cv 35mm 1.4. I got camera stolen in France, Nice and in Barcelona i bought a new nex, with the 16mm lens so i at least could take pictures, the thing was the nex was not updated and i had no way to do it.

Now many many of the day pictures where completely overexposed, i read on the net now that i have to set it to -7 -3 in sunny light or daytime in general with nex, the thing i dont understand is that the nex NEVER overexposed with my CV 35mm 1.4, is that course i did not set the aperture ( i allways use aperture priority) in the camera? this is really important to me since i prefer mf lenses and therefore overexposure would be an NON issue.

On to next question

I came from Olympus pen cameras and i really loved their jpeg color like everyone else i suppose, now i really think the sonys colors are way too cold ( really good in low light and nighttime through, seems more natural than warm colors i guess).

Is there a way to make color tones warmer, or do you guys use another jpeg setting like landscape or vivid ( i am thinking - 1 saturation would maybe be good on both those settings), with my CV 35 1. 4 i found lanscape setting gave some really dreamy photo colors that i kind of likes but might be a bit too much for every shot.

Would love some recommendations and tips regarding the jpeg of the nex, since i would love to stay with the nex and buy the nex-7 when i arrives, if i cant solve the jpeg problem i would go for the fuji x100 , my only concern is that MF might not be super with that and that it is not a 50mm eq lens!

oh and a last questions, i have a planar 35mm f/2.0 that missed the black thing in the bottom of the lens, seems to be no problem for performance but i would really like to get a new one to put there, anyone know if it is possible to get a new black thing on it ( same as all contax g lenses) , can it be bought online? would i be able to put it on by myself?

Thank you all so much!

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow