A35 or nexc3

Started Aug 8, 2011 | Discussions thread
blue_skies
Senior MemberPosts: 7,138Gear list
Like?
Re: A35 or nexc3
In reply to sony1799, Aug 11, 2011

sony1799 wrote:

I'm having a hard time deciding which one to get. I will be doing a lot of traveling and would prefer the NEX for that. Manually focusing lenses also seems to be easier on the NEX. Only reason I am considering the A35 is to occasionally take some sports photos.   I would probably leave it at home most of the time because of the larger size. Also, the nex menu might be frustrating. I prefer to have quick access to iso. I come from Nikon and I am used to having manual control over everything. I don't want the camera to be too point and shoot. I would like to have quick access to manual options. I'm leaning towards the nexc3 and then possibly upgrading to nex7 but there are very few sony lenses available for nex. I am also interested in a possible fuji x200 or 300 but that seems to be a while down the road.

If you shoot manual, you can adapt almost all lenses out there. These shots were with Contax G and Olympus OM legacy lenses - pre focus peaking.

I did some indoor sports shots (volleyball) for a friend, and ended up using MF lenses only on the NEX. I did try the SEL lenses, but got stuck between subject blur or high ISO. I ended up shooting with MF (35/50/100mm) lenses at f/2.8.

Below are some shots that I took from a neighboring court, when the main game was on.

Like some have said - the NEX is the easiest system to use with manual lenses, and the menu options work quite well in v3 and v4 firmware.

Also, you may find the C3 adequate. I am sure that the NEX-7 will be 'more', but also larger. It is nice to have the very compact C3.

Fuji x200, x300, Nex-7, Nex-9 == they all sound nice, but only the Nex-7 may be officially announced this month, and available to you by Nov/Dec. The others, for now, are pipe dreams. Plenty of time to have fun with a C3.

-- hide signature --

Cheers,
Henry

blue_skies's gear list:blue_skies's gear list
Canon PowerShot S95 Sony Alpha NEX-7 Sony Alpha NEX-6 Sony Alpha 7 Sony a6000 +30 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow