Film for 30 years, can digital work now?

Started Aug 6, 2011 | Discussions thread
Klipsen
Veteran MemberPosts: 6,075Gear list
Like?
Don't misunderstand me on purpose
In reply to Robert Hoy, Aug 10, 2011

Robert Hoy wrote:

Klipsen wrote:

No. All you would need to do is rotate the picture in your software. Even Windows Picture and fax viewer can do that, or you can rotate a batch of pictures in Windows Explorer.

This is not the point. If you do that, your image will be 1080 pixels tall by maybe 700 pixels wide greatly reducing the resolution of the image. So you'd be paying for a high end projector but only getting resolution similar to that of a 1024x768 projector.

OK, so you found a niche where the old system may have a small advantage, although I don't see the big problem in standing the projector on its side.

I don't see how a high-definition projector all of a sudden has its resolution reduced to XGA. The XGA projector would also have to stand on one side, or have its resolution reduced correspondingly.

If she's been using slide film for 30 years, I'm sure she knows how to load it in to a projector.

Oh, I'm sure she does, but it was never a question about knowing how, but about having to.

But the lady is painting from a slide, it's not like she's presenting a slide show. So she is getting the full resolution of the slide film ...

And yet a resolution of 1080 by 720 should be more than anyone can exploit with water colours.

Klipsen's gear list:Klipsen's gear list
Sony Alpha DSLR-A700 Sony Alpha DSLR-A900 Sony Alpha NEX-7 Sony E 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 OSS Sony 70-200mm F2.8 G +16 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow