Travel vs Landscape... M4/3?

Started Aug 6, 2011 | Discussions thread
HardCase
Regular MemberPosts: 173
Like?
Re: Travel vs Landscape... M4/3?
In reply to MtnBikerCalif, Aug 10, 2011

Great images, kenw and Klarno, gorgeous. I especially like the fact that kenw's were taken with m4/3 zoom lenses rather than the ever-so-fashionable primes. Don't get me wrong, I have nothing against primes, own a couple and plan to add a couple more, but being somewhat new to digital photography (I did some film 35mm many years ago) and to this forum, there's clearly a bias against zooms and a sort of snobbery favoring primes among many "advanced" photographers. Thus, I was really gratified to see that kenw's truly amazing and crystal-clear images were taken with often disparaged zoom lenses.

These pictures clearly show the truth of that old saying "it is a poor workman who blames his tools", or more the reverse of that which is that in the hands of a talented photographer there is little disadvantage to the m4/3 format. I would venture to guess that some landscapes might not be possible, or at least would be logistically challenging, to take with a 5DMkII and sundry lenses. My entire m4/3 "kit" which consists of a GH2, 14-140, 7-14, 100-300, 20/1.7 and 45/2.8 macro as well as some spare batteries and other goodies all fits in an 8" by 8" by 11" bag that weighs around 10#.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow