Started Aug 9, 2011 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
maple
Senior MemberPosts: 2,677
Like?
I'm deserting
Aug 9, 2011

SD1 matters less and less as each day goes by, as I find it. Now I don’t want it a fraction as much as I did the first few weeks it was available. Not that the images did not impress me. I’ve seen some that really did. Perhaps it was that the insane pricing forced me to rethink my upgrading route and that led me to the world “outside”. As my mind opens up, I find some exciting alternatives that I would have easily dismissed before. A couple are even capable of producing Foveon like images, though not with the same level verisimilitude. And they have other good strengths that more than making up for the absolute image quality that they may fall a bit short of the SD1.

As things stand now, I’m deserting, much as I like Foveon. Not that I can’t afford an SD1 plus a few obligatory good lenses. I’m simply not insane enough to believe it’s worth its current price. There may be a couple of scenarios where SD1 is indispensable. But for my pursuit, it’s rare that the other choices can’t do practically as well. More often than not, they may even do better.

Is it just me? Or something to change my mind?

Just some silly ranting before retiring for the day.
--
Maple

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow