Started Aug 8, 2011 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
kc1984
New MemberPosts: 20
Like?
The entire Canon EF lens range
Aug 8, 2011

Hi, just joined this forum a few days ago after a friend kept nagging me to join. Why? Because according to Canon Australia, I am one of only 3 people in Australia who owns the entire Canon EF lens range. That's right, I have every single lens in the current lineup. I also own the discontinued 50mm f1.0L. But never owned the 1200mm f5.6L (the only lens I have never owned).

My very first lens was the 28-105mm with the Canon EOS 5 in 1994. But when I bought the Canon EOS-1n the following year with the 85mm 1.2L, I developed an appreciation for Canon glass that spread like wildfire. It was only recently in 2009 when I bought the only lens in the EF range that I was missing, the 24mm f1.4L II that I finally had the complete line-up. I did it partly as a collector, not because I needed every single lens.

A friend has suggested to put all my lenses on display at a local camera meet here in Sydney. Allowing people to come and take a look and have a play with the entire Canon EF lens range. Will let you all know if this proceeds. Anyway, happy to help answer some of your lens questions, speaking from personal hands on experience with every lens in the current line-up.

And which is my favourite lens you might ask? My Top 5 would be:

1. 14mm f2.8L II
2. 135mm f2.0L
3. 85mm f1.2L II
4. 300mm f2.8L II
5. 50mm f1.4

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
...New
150New
mahNew
LOLNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow