Is the NEX 7 real?

Started Aug 6, 2011 | Discussions thread
Kiril Karaatanasov
Senior MemberPosts: 1,864Gear list
Like?
Re: My NEX-5 will continue to be the best EVIL camera
In reply to GodSpeaks, Aug 7, 2011

GodSpeaks wrote:

I would also like to point out that I own both an NEX-5 and a Panasonic GF1 (micro43). Have you even tried a micro43 camera, or an NEX for that matter?

I thought of G1, GF1 and E-PL1 for quite some time before NEX showed up.

E-PL1 I have used a while. It did not impress at all.

Later a friend showed me some tricks that make it take acceptable photos. (reduce sharpness -2 (or something like this), switch off another bunch of well hidden options and your photos start to look almost natural. The other grief I had wiht Olympus E-P1 and E-PL1 was speed - the cameras were sluggish (I am not talking AF which I actually liked) when some effect is turned on it looked as if the camera will collapse, crash stop.

Panasonic I tried very briefly - I did not like the bodies and really had not further interest

So when NEX-5 came out I bought the double kit and almost all accessories incl. Alpha adapter, wide, fish, screen protector. Microphone was not of interest to me.

I like the NEX-5 quite a bit and bought a bunch of manual lens. I almost know how to use the peaking feature now.

I do have gripes with NEX-5 and hope to see these fixed - studio option (flash hot shoe and auto gain display), evf, minimum shutter speed.

I thought the lack of in body stabilization (SSS) will be a huge problem but it is not. holding camera close to your torso, reduced weight, lack of mirror slap reduces the need for stabilization vastly.

Kiril Karaatanasov's gear list:Kiril Karaatanasov's gear list
Sony Alpha 7
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow