Is the NEX 7 real?

Started Aug 6, 2011 | Discussions thread
007peter
Veteran MemberPosts: 9,090Gear list
Like?
If I may be so Bold, I'm really envious of Olympus IBIS with manual lens
In reply to Kiril Karaatanasov, Aug 7, 2011

Kiril Karaatanasov wrote:

I am expressing my opinion not your or someone elses.

However for me m43 is a joke. The sensor shape and size are most inappropriate for digital photography.......

I'm a canon shooter, I'm not in either camp, and I don't preach for either side. However, if I may be so bold, I am rather envious of Olympus InBody Stabilization in its entire E-PENS series. Having image stabilized manual lens seem like a dream comes true. Personally, I would be more than willing to trade some tiny dimension of NEX body for an inclusion of In-Body Stabilization.

There was a time I didn't think much of m4/3, but I can no longer deny its attraction as its lens lineup is nearly complete. m4/3 also address many of the concern NEX owners currently have (1) better control (2) standard hot-shoe (3) 45mm f/1.8 portrait primes (4) medium wide 20mm f/1.7 pancakes (5) EVF on Panasonic, (6) In-Body Stabilization on the Olympus.

Olympus new E-PL3 (lite) and E-PM1 (mini) also rip off the same NEX design that I like so much. Yes, the bokeh can't deliver like those on APS-C sensor, but that is about the only major weakness I can see and the new 45mm f/1.8 will ease the pain soon enough.

I do wish, however, sony hurry up and complete NEX lens lineup.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow