D700 successor more "balanced"?

Started Aug 7, 2011 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Senior MemberPosts: 1,909
Like?
D700 successor more "balanced"?
Aug 7, 2011

Okay yeh, it's late over here and I'm going to go to sleep...anyhow.

I read somewhere than a Nikon executive interviewed recently has said the D700 sucessor would be a more "balanced" camera (whereas obviously the D700's aim was for High ISO performance - not resolution).

I guess this could mean many will love the successor and many will stick with what they got.

Would you upgrade if the camera was 24MP with the same ISO performance as the D700? Or would it have to be better at high ISO and be 24MP for you to be interested?

I'd personally love to see a few stops dynamic range added - I mean that would be so valueable if we started getting near 16 stops...(raw the D700 is 12 ish?)

What are your thoughts on this all? I recon I will stick with the D700 as I just love it and maybe upgrade the next round (that way I'll be more wow'd I guess). But who knows, if Nikon go to 24MP, 2-3 stops dynamic range, better high ISO? I know that's asking alot but even I would struggle to stop myself buying it, that could be pretty exciting.

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
D3XNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow