Is the NEX 7 real?

Started Aug 6, 2011 | Discussions thread
Spade357
Senior MemberPosts: 1,052
Like?
Re: I think its Real, but camera is not the problem, lens selection is
In reply to gfrensen, Aug 6, 2011

gfrensen wrote:

I find SAR a umor site, with not much more then rumors. Some come true, some don't. I can't remember how many times they announced the A7xx (it was befor the translucent sytems came along) was on it's way, still waiting....

They announced on august 1 that the A77 comes available in oktober, now it is september,

They at least mention that Sony is coming out with the A77/NEX-7 right? Well, they got that right. As far as date, I don't blame them if its not right 'cause things change, but the cameras are for real. As far as I know, they were the one who leaked the NEX-3C, A77, GF3, G3, NEX-5/3, Pentax Q and some other P&S. That's pretty accurate for me. Weren't you the one that said that there is no such thing as NEX-3C?

All kind of SR5 rumors come not true, there always wass a reason for then, but 99.99% hit rate is a little bit over optimistic. The shoot a lot and then they hit soemtimes... Some shots are more aimed then others...

99.99% hit rate is for the camera body and not release dates.

To me, NEX-7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12+ camera body is not important . Current NEX-3/5 to is excellent at it is, I do not need more functions . What I do need, and where I get frustrated with sony, is the lack of AF lens selection.

Well, the NEX-7 will bring in OLED EVF, manual controls, built-in flash, superb grip, AVCHD 2.0, 24MP, hot shoe, faster start time....and so on....I think that's more improvement really. Of course the NEX-7 is not for everyone just like the Fuji X100.

I'm a portrait shooter, and the lack of a 50mm f/1.8 removed NEX as a viable contender for my shooting styles. While I may not be biggest m4/3 fans, the availability of a 45mm f/1.8 put the m4/3 on my map. If the review is good, I may lean toward the m4/3 over NEX.

I don't like how the busy background you get from the m4/3. The bokeh just doesn't look good on smaller sensor IMO. There is a E-mount 50mm f/1.8 coming, but of course, like you said they are just rumors and like I said 99.99% come true.

I'm looking forward for your comment when they release the NEX-7.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow