Is the NEX 7 real?

Started Aug 6, 2011 | Discussions thread
Kiril Karaatanasov
Senior MemberPosts: 1,863Gear list
Like?
My NEX-5 will continue to be the best EVIL camera
In reply to Patman888, Aug 6, 2011

I mean honestly Sony are competing with themselves in this league.

The sensors are few generations ahead of Samsung so even NEX-5 body with the new 24mp sensor will out run Samsung by couple more years.

I do believe Sony have learned some lessons form the current line up though and will add a thing or two - flash hot shoe or an adapter, some EVF option, some video controls, some more manual lens aids

I expect to see some lens for the NEX too like the Zeiss the 55-200 and the 50/1.8 all of these I will buy if released.

After all Sony are in it to make money if there are lenses and a body with hot shoe - at least the people on the photographic forums will buy these in tens of thousands.

NEX-3/5 are just massively popular. I believe the sales of these things far surpassed Sony's wildest dreams.

Even where I live (Bulgaria not Japan) a lot of Canon/Nikon users bought NEX for the phun of using it with manual lenses! NEX is a different beast it is about the joy of capturing light on photo or video.

AF speed, number of zones all that does not matter. People use NEX with 60 year old crap lens because it is fun.

NEX made a revolution on eBay - old cameras that could not be sold for a 100 Euro now go of 400 amidst fierce competition to buy them.

I think Sony are stupid but not that stupid. They have seen this and will make the small tweaks and the fabulous sensor - that is all that is needed.

.....ohhh and more accessories like lens, so I can spend my cash on Sony stuff

Kiril Karaatanasov's gear list:Kiril Karaatanasov's gear list
Sony Alpha 7
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow