Is the NEX 7 real?

Started Aug 6, 2011 | Discussions thread
007peter
Veteran MemberPosts: 9,261Gear list
Like?
I think its Real, but camera is not the problem, lens selection is
In reply to Patman888, Aug 6, 2011

I wouldn't worry about it. SAR have been hitting a home run lately and have a great record of getting it correct. When it comes to SR4-5 rumor rate, 99.99% has been deadly accurate. SAR believe its a real photo, I don't doubt it.

To me, NEX-7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12+ camera body is not important . Current NEX-3/5 to is excellent at it is, I do not need more functions . What I do need, and where I get frustrated with sony, is the lack of AF lens selection.

I'm a portrait shooter, and the lack of a 50mm f/1.8 removed NEX as a viable contender for my shooting styles. While I may not be biggest m4/3 fans, the availability of a 45mm f/1.8 put the m4/3 on my map. If the review is good, I may lean toward the m4/3 over NEX.

My wish list: more pancake please

• 30mm f/1.8

• 50mm f/1.8

• 85mm f/1.8

• 100mm f/2

• 200mm f/2.8 ( not pancake, but as short as possible )

Patman888 wrote:

How many people here would kill themselves if the NEX 7 turned out to be nothing more than a NEX C3 in a NEX5 body instead of this monster A77 in a small rangefinder body?

The A77 has been rumored for ages but the NEX7 came out from left field. What if the specs are fake and it sucked?

007peter's gear list:007peter's gear list
Nikon D3100 Canon EOS M Canon EF-M 22mm f/2 STM Nikon AF-S Nikkor 35mm f/1.8G
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow