Started Aug 6, 2011 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
axlotl
Contributing MemberPosts: 674
Like?
Performance comparison NX10 vs NX11
Aug 6, 2011

I ran many tests on this and won't bore you with all the details, just a summary. In brief the NX11 does have a performance advantage over the NX10, mainly in the speed with which it refreshes screen icons, grid lines, histogram and focus square after each shot. As a result shot to shot times are faster in everyday use.

To test, I set the cameras up the way I use them, RAW, Single AF, Selection AF center position, Single drive, (Quick view off for the test). I made a sequence of shots as follows: after each exposure I waited until the screen image and icons, grid lines, histogram and focus frame all refreshed, then half pressed the shutter button, obtained focus confirmation (green square plus double beep) then fully depressed the shutter button. Both cameras used the same San Disk Extreme Class 10 UHS-1 card.

The NX11 made 10 shots in 18 seconds and would keep shooting at that rate indefinitely (until the memory card filled) without the dreaded "Processing" window appearing.

The NX10 made 10 shots in 30 seconds with obviously slower refresh of the screen icons etc
Both cameras run a bit faster in JPG.

I think one shot every 1.8 seconds with re-focus and re-metering on each shot is quite a decent performance and certainly plenty fast enough for general photography.

In Continuous AF with Continuous drive, shutter button held down, both cameras made 10 shots in 16 seconds but this mode is not really much use as you get to see a blank monitor for about three quarters of each cycle.

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow