Started Aug 5, 2011 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
MotoDave
Forum MemberPosts: 62
Like?
From Canon to D5100 (with first pics)
Aug 5, 2011

Long story short I've been into photography as a hobby for about two years now and have been shooting primarily Canon, most recently an XSI. I really enjoy landscape and nature photography the most and have never been totally satisfied with my XSI in terms of dynamic range, especially when you consider my G11 at base ISO offers more in that regard.

Reading all the comparisons around here and witnessing the way the Nikon can pull shadows it was just to much for me to resist and after much debate between a Canon 60d and the D5100 I crossed the line and purchased the Nikon with a kit 18-55 and the 70-300. So far I've been extremely impressed with the image quality.

Just thought I'd share some photos from my first day out. No, these aren't the FIRST photos I took with it, but you guys would get bored looking at test pics from my backyard One day in the mountains near where I live, which is my typical photography.

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow