A few first X100 shots...

Started Aug 3, 2011 | Discussions thread
cheddargav
Veteran MemberPosts: 4,492Gear list
Like?
Early observations...
In reply to cheddargav, Aug 4, 2011

Ok, so I'll be honest. I don't "need" the X100. I need other boring gear more than this (backup things like a spare 50mm etc) but I decided that I'd worked pretty hard this year and was due a treat.

So, not needing the X100, I was feeling a little guilty buying it, which took a little bit of the shine off the purchase (normally I'd have been buzzing yesterday evening). I felt kind of empty (not normal!)

1 day later and pretty much all of those bad vibes have gone. Why? Well because I guess I now appreciate that the X100 can definitely play a role as a working tool for a working photographer. It's a mini DSLR. And such a pleasure to use.

You know ALL those reviews you've read by people saying gushy stuff about the impact it's had on them, how you overlook the issues because the overall experience is such a joy? Well they're not lying, it's great...

Ta
--
http://www.twitter.com/gavphotography

cheddargav's gear list:cheddargav's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Mark II Canon EOS 6D Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX7 Canon EF 35mm f/1.4L USM Canon EF 85mm f/1.8 USM +4 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow