Started Aug 4, 2011 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Gary-West Sussex
Regular MemberPosts: 431
Like?
A77 purchasing strategy - risk mitigation against divorce
Aug 4, 2011

I have read recently in a couple of threads on this forum the various things people want to, or do actually purchase, and the great lengths they are going to in order to break the news gently to their wife. Kind of easing in acceptance of the need for this next piece of kit, introducing the advantages and then only sharing details of the full cost only as a last resort, then keeping their head down for a few weeks........this has given me much amusement.

I thought (and with the imminent arrival of the A77) that members on this thread would mutually benefit from sharing their purchasing strategy in order to achieve their photographic ambitions without ending up in the dog house for too long........

So I will start the ball rolling.............

1) Keep separate bank accounts

2) Buy your wife an expensive piece of kit that she would like about a month previous to purchasing the A77........this is agood one

3) If you already have more than 6 camera bodies - just try and slip it into the camera bag without making a big issue of it and hope that she doesn't notice (risky this one)

4) Conveniently manage to damage (you could pretend) your existing camera body to the point of uneconomic repair.....so there is an urgent need for a replacement.

Just a bit of fun........but does anyone else have any unusual strategy ideas......

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow