Q: picture style editor (PSE) files and Digital Photo Professional (DPP)

Started Aug 4, 2011 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Miroslav_1
Regular MemberPosts: 119
Like?
Q: picture style editor (PSE) files and Digital Photo Professional (DPP)
Aug 4, 2011

I made a quick search and cannot find the answer. I have no clear idea where to place this question.

In PSE I designed my own picture style file. I saved the file. During opening process I noticed the file was saved with a key icon. I didn't confirm Disable Subsequent Editing option. Windows Explorer (Windows 7 in administrative mode, show hidden files is turned on) cannot see the stored file. With EOS Utility I loaded and registered the file in my 60D camera. I can set the new Picture Style in camera and use it for RAW processing without problems. Digital Photo Professional (DPP) can recognize my new picture style file only for the raw photos already shot with the file. Outside the 60D I cannot use my picture style file for other photos. DPP can load Canon optional PSE files (Nostalgia, Clear, Twilight, Emerald, Autumn Hues) available in DPP\pf2 folder and my file is not visible for DPP.

Is there any way to process old raw files outside 60D (on PC) with my new PSE designed file? Did I make any mistake?

Regards

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow