ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
f_stops
Contributing MemberPosts: 565Gear list
Like?
$8950 Fair Value Summilux 35mm/1.4 II ?
Aug 4, 2011

According to this HK dealer:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Leica-Summilux-M-35mm-f-1-4-ASPH-Mark-II-6-bit-11663-/250851352746?pt=Camera_Lenses&hash=item3a67e7e0aa

I'm not complaining about the 'fair market' - I am complaining about the lens shortage which is exacerbated by speculators and the "Need It Now" frenzy fueled by Leica Bloggers (Who simply post mostly f/1.4 shots and insist Leica lenses need to be used wide open).

Sure, I want a 35/1.4, and I might even pay $5k for it (I'm on the waiting list!). Really wish Leica would take a break from introducing new lenses, and expand output of current lenses (Go to Tamarkin.com and check their (lack of) inventory - I think they had two M lenses in stock last time I looked!)

Wish Leica would try to discourage speculators - maybe have a direct lottery or factory waiting list. I have a feeling Leica dealers are selling hot sellers (most 'Luxes) 'on the side' or to friends rather than selling them at list to customers on waiting lists.

I'll just sit and wait (maybe complain a little too). f/.95 Nocti's are listed at over $14,000. Makes me a little nervous using my like-new f/1 nocti . . . maybe I should unload it to some bokeh-addict for 10k!
(jk, not for sale!)

f_stops's gear list:f_stops's gear list
Leica M9
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow