D200 Rose and rain C&C welcome

Started Jul 28, 2011 | Discussions thread
rpps
Senior MemberPosts: 1,241Gear list
Like?
Re: D200 Rose and rain C&C welcome
In reply to Cytokine, Aug 3, 2011

While my 17 inch laptop screen is WUXGA and the colours are Fab, Just moving my head slightly changes the contrast so difficult to be too precise. I do like quite dark backgrounds, as Carey says it puts the emphasis on the subject. I had not thought of darkening the background only with the burn tool. However I usually like to keep PP as simple as possible, the D200 colours are usually spot on, so I add a little unsharp mask, and thats it. I usually use matrix metering mode but I think this was taken with spot metering.

John

Hi John I understand what your saying about your monitor screen, I have the same problem with my Dell 23" TN monitor. I have bought 2 monitors to replace it one was a new IPS Screen but the anti glare coating made my photos look pixelated. At least the old Dell now calibrated gives accurate colours now and photos look smooth with no grain. I try not to alter the original out of the camera too much maybe just use Highlight and Shadow tool and if the photo needs it Topaz Denoise. I was using unsharp tool until I saw the results on an IPS screen, the image looked terrible. Now I use Vivid setting on my D300s and knock down the saturation by -1, or Standard with +6 Sharpness and +1 Contrast. I would be interested in what picture control setting you use.
Here's my latest edit keeping in mind you want darker background.
Cheers Ross

rpps's gear list:rpps's gear list
Nikon D600 Nikon D7100 Nikon AF Nikkor 35mm f/2D Tamron SP AF 17-50mm F/2.8 XR Di II LD Aspherical (IF) Tamron SP 70-300mm F/4-5.6 Di VC USD +3 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow