Online photo sharing without uploads

Started Aug 1, 2011 | Discussions thread
Leif S.
Forum MemberPosts: 71
Like?
Re: Online photo sharing without uploads
In reply to JJMacks, Aug 3, 2011

Most likely the performance would be very poor so you would wind up only sharing only very small size images so users may stick around and view your images. Your internet connection is most likely asymmetrical, If you have a high speed connection your download speed may be 15 to 50 mbits per sec however your upload speed will more likely be 2 to 4 Mbits per sec perhaps slower. Your upload speeds will be your images internet transfer speed.

Good point.

For around $60 you can get a low cost internet web provider matain a web server for you with lots of disk space and a high speed internet connection.

Thanks, I actually already have web sites, but my idea was to avoid FTPing the files by using PogoPlug. But reviews seem to indicate it is pretty slow and unreliable. I think I will just use existing web directory space and downsample the images before I upload.

You be able to share large files of ant type RAE Jpeg exe doc etc. I don't care to support users with low speed internet access my Web image are are sized to fit UXGA displays 1600x1200 and resized for the users browsers window by their browser a random sample of one of my web galleries. http://www.mouseprints.net/albums/
--
JJMack

That's a cool photo viewer you've got.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow