Started Aug 3, 2011 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Ma55l
Contributing MemberPosts: 805
Like?
Is the A77 full frame - check the side by side photo
Aug 3, 2011

Below is a composite photo of the A77 on the Left and the A55 on the right. They were resized in photoshop so that the active (lighter gray active area of the LCD) is about the same size laterally for each camera. There is quite a size difference - in fact the A77 is mammouth in comparison. Also consider that the resizing was not exact and in fact the sensor dimention in the A55 is larger than that of the A77 in the photo (check that on your screen). That means that in reality the A55 is even smaller than represented in comparison to the A77 in the photo.

I do not know for sure if it is FF or not and I never stated that either. All I bring out is that I have some doubt especially when looking at the comparison of the two cameras backs and the reasons for my doubt. It is hard to disregard what is seen. Regarding reports of Sony saying that it is APS - I cannot find the reference from the horses mouth. Perhaps someone will be kind enough to direct me to that.
To see a larger view of the photo just double click on it.

I will not be responding to further posts as I am not interested in making a battle of this idea. Do with it as you please.

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow