ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
SHoskin
New MemberPosts: 3
Like?
New Pentax K-r user.
Aug 2, 2011

Hi all,

I just got myself a new Pentax K-r a few days ago, for my birthday (although my birthday isn't for a few more days), my missus said I could use it. So that I did

Although I have always enjoyed taking photos, it has always been with a pretty basic point and shoot, so this is my first venture into the DSLR world. I purchased the kit one with the 18-55mm lens.

Just wondering if there's any handy pointers as to using this camera, in particular, or things I should know about it in certain situations and what works best. That's probably a very broad question but any tips are appreciated.

One query I have is about the focus, i have been fiddling with the "AF Fine Adjustment" in the custom menu, as i have found that images seem to be slightly better in focus with that set to around -6 to -8. Is that normal??

And what is the best way to check if that's actually the case (i have taken steady shots of small text on white paper to try and get it accurate) is there any proper method to this?

I hope this isn't a bombardment of questions but i'm just happy to be in the DSLR scene and am keen to learn as much as i can.

Also, I have started a flickr account with a VERY small collection of pictures that I have been happy with so far, and plan to add to that as time goes by if anyone is interested in critiquing; http://www.flickr.com/photos/sphoskin

Thanks,
Simon.

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow