ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
nata1iek
New MemberPosts: 6
Like?
Filters for Sony NEX...
Aug 1, 2011

Hi Nex fans

I've just purchased the Nex 5D which includes the 16mm pancake lens and 18-55mm zoom lens.

I'm interested in purchasing some filters... I've already ordered a Hoya multi-coated UV filter (£13 on ebay).

Can anyone recommend a good CPL (polariser) filter that doesn't cost the earth?? Does it need to be a slim filter for use with the pancake lens?

I've also been trying to find a 49mm ND Grad filter but haven't had much luck.

And I also think it would be good to get an ND filter but I don't know which stop to get - any recommendations?

I'm primarily thinking about what i'm going to find the most useful for my holiday in five weeks time when we'll be travelling around Orlando, Miami and the Keys as i'm thinking there'll be lots of stormy skies, sunshine and vibrant sunsets.

Any help would be appreciated - this is the first 'DLSR' camera i've bought and not bought any filters before. So i'm a complete novice really but very eager to get stuck in and experiment.

My last camera was a compact (Panasonic Lumix TZ10) which i pushed as much as possible regarding shutter speed and aperture etc.

Any advice appreciated... completely spent out on the camera and our holiday so unfortunately can't afford expensive filters (like the Zeiss CPL i've been looking at)

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow