Photo Editing Software. What do You Use ?

Started Jul 24, 2011 | Discussions thread
miles green
Senior MemberPosts: 3,324Gear list
Like?
Downloaded 3 trial versions....
In reply to Peterrw, Aug 1, 2011

I downloaded trial versions for Silkypix pro, Lightroom 3 and Capture One 6 Pro.

I very highly recommend it to whoever has not already committed to one of the 3, and is not afraid of dropping 300 euro or so in a month's time

It's been an eye opener, in all 3 cases.

I've spent a day with each, and in that short time, I completely fell head-over-heels for Capture One Pro. I fear there is no way I'll be happy with Pentax DCU after another 29 days with this!

As a side not, it's the first time I see a difference between DNG and PEF files. In Capture One, while both files are supported, Capture one optimizes for the K5's sensor with PEF files, while it does NOT for DNGs. I found out the hard way, trying (in vain) to tame the colors of a portrait in DNG format, and it took me a while to find out what was wrong.

Soooo.... SHOOT PEFs, not DNGs !

-- hide signature --

Miles Green
Corfu

miles green's gear list:miles green's gear list
Pentax K-5 Sigma 70-200mm F2.8 EX DG Macro HSM II Pentax smc DA 21mm F3.2 AL Limited Pentax smc FA 31mm F1.8 AL Limited Pentax smc FA 43mm F1.9 Limited +9 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow