Suggestion: thinking about replacing lens

Started Jul 30, 2011 | Discussions thread
fastglass
Senior MemberPosts: 1,780
Like?
Re: "best" isn't always the best choice
In reply to RayG123, Aug 1, 2011

RayG123 wrote:

Hello All, I am an amateur photographer and don't make money with my photographs. Though, do like to get better quality images. I do go out with friends just for photography excursions. About my gears, I use Nikon D90, Tamron 17-50mm, Tokina 50-135mm and Nikon 70-300mm VR with Nikon SB-600 flash. I don't have any preference about the "type" of shooting, though I like portraits and action photography. For quite some time, I am thinking of getting a 70-200mm (preferably Nikon) and one telephoto zoom of upto 400mm or 500mm (waiting for Nikon to announce replacement of 80-400mm). One of the big reason which is stopping me to go for 70-200mm is, it's heavy compared to what I am using right now and also, I have to purchase another bag to carry that lens for daily outing. The question is, I am unable to decide or make decision about selling 50-135mm, and 70-300mm to get 70-200mm (may be new or used) and later when new long tele-zoom is announced can go for that. Need suggestion/opinion/comments from you all. Let me know if need more information. Thanks, Ray

Obviously do what you want, but based on what you said, I definitely wouldn't. If you needed f2.8 & big $$$$.$$ pro-built glass, you'd know it.

Otherwise, you'll be giving up 100mm & getting a noticeably bigger & heavier lens - & paying a substantial premium to do so.

Cheers.
--
Vaya con Dios
imo
(c) 2011 fastglass

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow