Flat view
SirSeth
Veteran MemberPosts: 9,016Gear list
Like?
I'm buying 3 cameras!
Jul 31, 2011

Well, I have this great dilemma. Read the whole story here:

http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/read.asp?forum=1022&message=39005859

In a nutshell, our very small high school has a newspaper and yearbook and currently only one D40x to go between them, so I pleaded for money and received the go ahead to purchase 3 cameras for a max cost of $1500. Yeah, I'm shopping used. If you read the other thread, I was thinking about getting a Pentax K-x, Oly E-620, and Pani GH1--just for different strengths and the used prices on these are fantastic. I've been wisely guided to stay within one (maybe 2) systems so I'm now really looking into Nikon since we have the D40x with kit lens.

In addition, a fine person on the Oly Talk Forum donated an E-330 and some cash. Wow! So now I'm thinking Oly for the newspaper and Nikon for the yearbook.

In my research I've found that anything below the D90 doesn't focus older AF lenses. The D90 + lens kit is still pretty pricey used--I certainly can't get 2 for $1000. Otherwise a used D5000, D5100 or a new D3100 might fit our smallish budget. Maybe a used D90, used D5100 plus our D40x for the yearbook and an Oly E-620 double lens kit ($500) with the E-330 for the newspaper?

What do you think?

Best,
Seth

-- hide signature --

What if the hokey pokey really is what it's all about?

--
wallygoots.smugmug.com
wallygoots.blogspot.com

SirSeth's gear list:SirSeth's gear list
Olympus E-1 Olympus E-3 Olympus PEN E-PL2 Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 50-200mm 1:2.8-3.5 SWD Olympus Zuiko Digital 11-22mm 1:2.8-3.5 +4 more
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow