Started Jul 31, 2011 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
I Beam
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,046Gear list
Like?
***** Challenge #126 – Black & White ******
Jul 31, 2011

The subject for Challenge #126 is "Black & White". I will accept sepia but not selective colour.

This has been the subject of three previous challenges, No’s 3, 59 and 92. I am sorry to repeat the subject but it is such a good one and I wanted something that hopefully everyone could have a go at. I was also struggling to find a new subject with the same aim.

If you have not tried B&W then now is your opportunity. I also encourage the newer members of the forum to enter the challenges. It is a challenge and will help to raise your general level of photography and make you more critical of your own work and the work of others.

This challenge will end on Thursday, 11th August, 23:59 GMT. I think the challenges should not last too long but I have given a few extra days to allow for post processing etc..

Don't forget - Please reply to the FIRST (ORIGINAL) post if you are submitting an entry and RENAME THE SUBJECT TO INDICATE THE TITLE OF YOUR ENTRY.

R U L E S

The host gives you a topic of interest and you get going. You post ONE image (if you post more than one image, the first will be your entry in the challenge). The host chooses a winner after closing. The decision of the judge (the Host) is final. The judge is not eligible. The winner then chooses the next topic, runs the challenge, judges the winner and passes on the baton to that person. If the winner fails to post a new challenge within 72 hours of being declared the winner then the runner-up should post the new challenge within a further 24 hours. ANY NIKON CAMERA IS ALLOWED (A P&S used by a member of this forum is also allowed).

Feel free to comment on other contestant's images. If you want someone to leave you a piece of constructive criticism, put a (CC) next to the title of your image [e.g. Sunset with Canada Geese (CC)].

Please embed your image in the thread. Try to resize your photos prior to posting so they're sized appropriately for viewing without having to scroll (900 pixels on the longest side works best.)

Thanks to all and good luck!!

REMEMBER TO REPLY TO THE FIRST POST OF THIS THREAD!

Not that you need to see examples it is traditional so here you go:

Regards

Paul

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
RingNew
YesNew
fogNew
JEFFNew
BarnNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow