Bye Bye G2, Hello E-P3...

Started Jul 30, 2011 | Discussions thread
Rob13
Senior MemberPosts: 1,116Gear list
Like?
Re: Bye Bye G2, Hello E-P3...Norm
In reply to nico-foto, Jul 31, 2011

nico-foto wrote:

Question, how effective is IBIS in the real world? I believe olympus claims 3 stops, so i thought it would be reasonable to assume 2 stops (at least in wide to normal focal lengths), but you mention 1 stop? Sounds a bit too little to me? Could you comment on that?

Thx!

-- hide signature --

Hi Nico,

In my original post I was a bit sloppy with my description. I'm sorry for that. I said an "extra stop or so".

I meant to say I usually get more than 1 stop or so in practice with my pancake.

Its definitely not a fair comparison and I do apologize for that, because what I did with the G2 is lean against door frames fences etc for more stability whereas now with the E-P3 IBIS, I just stand there shaking. :0)

If I were to do it more fairly, then I should be leaning against door frames etc to provide a more accurate comment. Likely if I did so, I'd be squeezing our 2 or so stops of stability.

But the nice thing about the IBIS is that I don't have to look for a door frame when there's no door frame to be found. :0)

-- hide signature --

Best,
Rob
------------------------------------
M9 X100 GXR E-P3 DP2

Rob13's gear list:Rob13's gear list
Fujifilm X-E2 Samsung Galaxy S4 Sony Xperia ZR
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow