Started Jul 30, 2011 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Rob13
Senior MemberPosts: 1,116Gear list
Like?
Bye Bye G2, Hello E-P3...
Jul 30, 2011

I bought into the micro four thirds system to be able to provide me with a close to SLR experience without the weight.

The Panny G2 does an excellent job of filling that need, however, I found I usually needed to shoot in RAW to get the look I wanted from the snaps. The jpegs were somewhat disappointing, to my eyes.

So I've picked up the E-P3 and am learning to become familiar with it somewhat non-intuitive interface. I've managed to pick up quite a few shortcuts and learn a few features that I must have missed or overlooked from my speedy way thru the manual, turned down the saturation, noise reduction and sharpening etc. So thanks to all for telling me about the SCP, and other tips.

The camera's interface is not as natural to use as the Panny, but for myself, this is compensated by the improved jpegs I'm getting. The IBIS works well with my pancakes and wide angle lenses giving me an extra stop or so compared to using them on the G2. :0)

So I'm going to pack up the G2 and sell it for some change since, I won't be needing it in future.

Oh, I did consider the G3, but I'm not really a video buff, so the G3's superiority in the category is not a consideration for me. And I really did want the IBIS for the pancake and wides. I did buy the EVF for the Oly, and the Oly at the end of the day is significantly more expensive than the G3, but for the time I will save in pp, I believe its worth it. YMMV.

-- hide signature --

Best,
Rob
------------------------------------
R3A M6-9 X100 GXR G2 DP2

Rob13's gear list:Rob13's gear list
Fujifilm X-E2 Samsung Galaxy S4 Sony Xperia ZR
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow