Started Jul 30, 2011 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
OliverGlass
Forum MemberPosts: 94
Like?
LX5 or XZ1 choice and questions
Jul 30, 2011

Hi there everyone. Been looking for a support cam to my D90. I was dead set buying an LX5 till I opened an XZ1 thread here in DPR. What a cam this is! I heavily researched and browsed 56 pages worth of images it captured, uploaded in Flikr. It's calling me and I want to love this cam. I just have a few things bugging me before making a choice between the two. Just consulting with you all:

1. I love working on RAW files to squeeze every detail out of an image. Which of the two gives the best results from a RAW file?

2. How successful are you at eliminating noise cleanly at ISO800 from the xz1 raw file?

3. I love landscapes. The LX5's widest is 24mm while the XZ1 starts at 28mm. Am I missing a lot with the 4mm if I get the Olympus? What do you do to compensate for this?

4. Do we have a compatible wide angle adapter that we can put on the XZ1? For Macro (although the XZ1 has good macro capabilities already) any success equipping a Raynox DCR 250 on it?

Thanks for reading

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow