E-P1 with kit lenses for National Parks?

Started Jul 27, 2011 | Discussions thread
baxters
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,835Gear list
Like?
Re: E-P1 with kit lenses for National Parks?
In reply to morepix, Jul 30, 2011

morepix wrote:

Having once had all my camera gear stolen out of my car, I wouldn't heed that particular piece of advice, unless "all my gear" were packable.

Thirty years ago, my 35mm SLR and a movie camera were taken out of my parked car in Orlando, Fl. I still had another SLR and a rangefinder with me though, so I have pix from that trip.

I have considered the impact of theft as a result. My home insurance provides replacement coverage. I am paranoid enough to have a homemade "safe" in the back of my SUV or minivans and kept my camera gear inside. It wouldn't stop a determined thief, but a smash/grab guy might not see it and might not have the time to open it.

Otherwise, I don't let the prospect of crime deter me from bringing my equipment. I bought it as a hobby, and I do want to enjoy and use it.

Parking in isolated trail heads, I could see that as worrysome. We once stopped at a State park outside Anchorage, Alaska, and from all the broken safety glass in the parking area, it was obvious that someone had recently been robbing tourists' cars. I didn't have much gear on the trip (fly/drive) so I easily packed it.

baxters's gear list:baxters's gear list
Olympus Body Cap Lens 15mm F8.0
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow