Corundum - add LR now or to new computer?

Started Jul 29, 2011 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
dartymix1
Forum MemberPosts: 73
Like?
Corundum - add LR now or to new computer?
Jul 29, 2011

Hello:

I had been using Elements 6 for a while but it recently became corrupted and everytime I used it my computer crashed. I had several hundred photos from Hawaii trip half loaded on and half not there. I was going to go up to LR and get a new computer (IMac). Meanwhile, I uninstalled and reinstalled Elements and it works swimmingly again and am reloading my Hawaii pics. I had ordered LR 3 and it is on its way, but not sure that I need a new computer yet. If I load LR3 on my old PC computer now and start adding pictures to it, will it be a real pain when I replace my 4 year old computer and try to move LR3 and the pics to an IMAC? I am trying to decide whether to get an IMac now or wait til I really need it. I assume that it is best to get the Terrabite version? My computer moves a little slow on the editing front but it is functional.

Also, I found an LR2 book by Shelby that I have been reading--will this help me prepare for LR3 or are they lightyears apart (pun intended)?
Thanks.
Marty

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow