Started Jul 29, 2011 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
gammada
Junior MemberPosts: 41
Like?
Canon less accessorized than Nikon?
Jul 29, 2011

I recently went to a friend's place to unbox his recent photography purchases: a Canon 60D camera with lens kit and a Canon 430 EX II flash.

Upon unboxing both products I noticed a bit of a trend that left me wonder if it' a rule or more of an exception between Canon and Nikon products.

His flash came with a manual, soft case, a flash stand and pretty much nothing else. My recently purchased Nikon SB700 flash came with flash stand, soft case (prefer the one that came with the Canon btw), dome diffuser, and a couple of light filters (for fluorescent and incadesent lights). Also, besides the manual, my flash came with a small color booklet that introduces some ideas for using the flash and the corresponding diagrams showing flash, subject and camera location, as well as camera exposure mode for each situation. The Canon didn't have anything like it.

The camera was even more of a surprise to me. The kit lens on my Nikon D7000 came with it's lens hood and a soft pouch to carry it when not in use, the Canon, on the other hand, came with nothing. My Nikon body came with a plastic protector for the screen; Canon body is just bare.

AFAIK, the D7000 and the 60D are in the same price bracket. Don't know about the flashes. Has anyone noticed this?

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow