Started Jul 27, 2011 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
xpanded
Regular MemberPosts: 318Gear list
Like?
NEX VG10 or 3/5 and follow through focus
Jul 27, 2011

Sorry in advance if I have missed posts on this but I could not find them when searching.

I recently acquired a new NEX-3 with an 18-55 for 199€ and I am absolutely thrilled with it – this is a modern version of my beloved Coolpix 4500! I had planned on buying a GH2, but will not now. Instead I intend to buy additional items for the NEX and/or the VG10 video camera.

Due to very shaky hands I have great difficulty zooming the lens smoothly when filming (am aware that the lens will probably become smoother over time). I am therefore looking for something like the iDC Photo Video store’s “System Zero Follow-focus” product [which I gather should also be compatible with zooming and not just manual focusing]. Apparently iDC do not make such products for the NEX-line (I await their answer on future plans), but maybe there are some competitors out there that I have missed?

All input much appreciated from someone who finally understood all your “fuss” about the NEX cameras

Cheers
Xpanded

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow