Started Jul 26, 2011 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
IEBA1
Forum MemberPosts: 82Gear list
Like?
Wonky AWB on a55 continuous shutter?
Jul 26, 2011

I rented an a55 & Sony 18-250 from Borrow Lenses and shot an Alaska trip with it.

At issue is when I'd photograph my kids, or scenery, or an iceberg or something at 3fps ... multiple frames in the sequence (every 3rd or so) would be distinctly bluer than the rest. I deleted a lot of these "mistakes" in the field & reshot. But even so, I'm now reviewing them on my 24" monitor at home and some 400 images in, I have 9 image sequences with distinct warm/cool color shifts.

I can maybe understand a shift over time as the camera adjusts to something, but, at 3fps, for one image to be blue and the preceding and following images to match perfectly means something went wrong.

Is this typical? Bad firmware? JPEG compression? Bad camera / lens communication? Bad camera?

(I did not shoot raw as I didn't want to have to post process 3000 images from my family trip)

I'm getting really bothered by this as I cull my images and don't really know what to do.

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow