Started Jul 26, 2011 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Baikal70
Regular MemberPosts: 204
Like?
Ep3 first few shots in iowa
Jul 26, 2011

night and day pics on my first day with my new ep3. Taken in Des Moines, Iowa.

My first thought, wow. One thing no one is talking about is the ability to do art filter bracketing. I have taken several pics in m, p, and a, mode with 6 (Not sure the limit, just what I have done so far) art filters turned on, in this mode you can even pick vibrant, normal, monotone, or whatever color type you want as well as the art filters, and click, one pic taken it saves every version at once with no delay at all. Amazing. That feature alone to me is worth the upgrade, it makes all of the art filters way more useful. Before I rarely used them because I just didn't think about it or if I did I just took a pic there and switched back. Which made it so I used grainy black and white a lot, dramatic tone, occasionally. Now I can just switch on a couple and take pics. If I like them, cool, if not, erase. Granted one view would be that is not exactly artistic or whatever, but normally I just take pics using normal color, so another thing I can see doing is taking a normal and vibrant at times when I am not sure which I prefer.

Also, the speed it focuses all of my lenses is blazing compaired to the epl2. I have the 9-18, the kit, 20mm, and 40-150. Sorry if I am rambling, but I figured there might be some others out there thinking about upgrading, and for me I will never look back, and don't regret it for a second.

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow