ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Iceman1973
Regular MemberPosts: 174
Like?
Nex C3 First Shots with Nikon 35mm f1.8G
Jul 25, 2011

Hello Everyone,
First off I would like to thank DP Review, and everyone at this forum.

This forum has been a great ground for understanding and practicing photography for all who (like myself) don't know too much about it.

I've had a sony a580, but had to sell it as I was a bit too committed financially at the time. I recently made a trip to the US and bought a Nikon D5100. It was towards the end of my trip that this was bought so I did not have too much time with it there.

Back to London, and all geared up at the weekend, went to jessops and got myself a 35mm f1.8.... On the whole 2 weeks after purchasing the camera, I was not pleased. . The system is nice, but menus are too long, and it left me with a feeling like... it only gives me results when it wants to give results, otherwise I'm a dumb photographer.

Very bad feeling, the kind you get when you've missed the opportunity to get a good picture of your 3 year old, despite hitting the shutter at the right time, and in the right moment.

Anyways, sold it, and bought the C3. (I am waiting for the a77 release, which will be my main body, but the nex is just something different I wanted to try out)

Cannot be more happy with my purchase. Sony made feel like I can do photography. (Same feeling I got after my first shots with the A580)

I used the 18-55 kit lens, and ordered the kiwifotos adapter to adapt the nikon 35mm f1.8G. The first shots are from the weekend at Hyde Park, just a few from the 100 odd I took.

I will now be looking at getting some very good primes along with adapters.

The nikon does not have an aperture ring, so I'm stuck to f1, would have loved to stop it down a bit.

I also tried on my minolta beercan with sony's adapter. A challenge but possible.
(I love the beercan - in the pub and on my camera - never disappoint).

If any of you have any advice - please fire it across... otherwise thank you for reading.

IM

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow