Started Jul 25, 2011 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
thehikerbiker
New MemberPosts: 5
Like?
Micro 4/3 as bike trip camera?
Jul 25, 2011

Anybody using a Micro 4/3 camera for bicycle travel? If so, how does it work out? Easy enough to carry and all?

I bike 25-40 miles or so on day trips. Currently I take along a Panasonic LX3. Great for snapshots. Small, light, easy to carry in a Camelback. However I keep finding these awesome landscapes where I wish I had more than the LX3 (despite how good it is). A bigger sensor camera would be great. My Canon 50D and Siggy 10-20 is too bulky or makes me have to wear too big of a pack for a 40 mile bike ride.

Thinking about a micro 4/3 camera with something like the Oly 9-18mm lens. Anybody toting around a setup like that? Has to be siginificantly easier than my 50D or even my Rebel with Tamron 17-50.

Maybe add a second lens to give me some more range but having that wide would be the one. I know Panny makes that 7-14 but I think the size difference in the Oly 9-18 favor appeals to me (plus filters too).

Anyway any bikers or ultralight hikers have any thoughts to share would be much appreciated.

Thanks!!!

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow