Started Jul 24, 2011 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Rytterfalk
Veteran MemberPosts: 4,101
Like?
Two full size SD1 shots. :P
Jul 24, 2011

Hopefully you're on a good connection.. Two shots taken with the SD1 + 18-50 Macro. Also I might add that the dynamic range on the SD1 is incredible at ISO200. I often use ISO200 and a +0,3 which gives me an effective ISO160 which is more or less perfect as I loose very little in both shadows and highlights.

Workflow from crippled SPP5: AppleRGB Tiff -> Aperture. Some post adjustments (cropping) and then save as sRGB. Still I have to fight the Magenta feel.

This first one has been cropped because there was a third horse cut in half on the left side, decided that the 4/3 format was perfect for the cut. I didn't add any extra sharpness but used a tiny amount of SPP's own. -1.5. Also, it's ISO200 and the JPEG contains no sky, but it's all saved thanks to SPP's Fill light that works incredibly well with SD1 images. So shadows and darker areas has a higher effective ISO (around ISO400) and the brighter areas has around ISO100..

This is a shot taken close to the "yellow river" that runs across China at the "Tiger Leaping Gorge". It's ISO100 at 1/4000s and f3.2. I really want to make a LARGE print of this one as it's so interesting to look at. It can take a lot more sharpening - nothing added outside SPP. SPP's own at -1,5.

-- hide signature --

Carl @ Rytterfalk.com (Göteborg, Sweden)
http://www.rytterfalk.com
Proud Foveon user. Using Sigma SD and DP cameras.

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow