Started Jul 23, 2011 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
arscii
Regular MemberPosts: 468
Like?
First wedding - doubly incontinent
Jul 23, 2011

I graduated in July with a BA in commercial photography. In August I have my first wedding, about which I am somewhat incontinent.

I've been to the chapel with the bride so I know the layout a little bit. Today I did a test shoot in my garage. Representing the bridal gown, groom suit and bride were respectively a white shirt, a dark suit and a mannequin head.

Leaving the front door of the garage open approximates the scene in which the formals will be taken. Overhead cover providing open shade. My lighting set up will be available light with fill flash provided by a Canon 580Ex through a softbox umbrella triggered by a Canon ST-E2.

The test shot is RAW straight from camera, converted to jpg for uploading. No post processing. There is no over exposure in the histogram. To my eye the collar of the suit looks a little dark but this may because of height restrictions for the brolly in the garage. The bottom of the jacket looks about right.

Canon 5D, ISO 200, f5.6, 1/90th. Canon 24-105 f4.0L, Canon 580Ex through softbox umbrella. Zero FEC. Camera to subject distance about six feet. Brolly is about six feet away from the shirt, camera right.

In the other test shots 1/125 looks a tad dark although the RAW file can easily be brought up. 1/60 causes over exposure in parts of the shirt

Any helpful comments?

Thanks in advance.

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow