Started Jul 23, 2011 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
amati
Contributing MemberPosts: 794Gear list
Like?
Zeiss 35mm f1.4 Distagon vs. Nikon AF-S 35mm f1.4G D3X With
Jul 23, 2011

Hi i know that this is not a scientific test nor finding an exact winner but i had a chance to play with these two lenses for a day.It was fun and let me conclude after showing the shots by each lens.

At studio f5.6

Zeiss

Nikon

Zeiss Center Crop

Nikon Center Crop

Zeiss Bokeh

Nikon Bokeh

Now f1.4 Flat subject

Zeiss

Nikon

Zeiss Center Crop

Nikon Center Crop

Zeiss Corner Crop

Nikon Corner Crop

And now BW f2 shots

Zeiss

Nikon

Zeiss Center Crop

Nikon Center Crop

Now f1.4 portrait

Zeiss

Nikon

Zeiss Center Crop

Nikon Center Crop

Zeiss Bokeh

Nikon Bokeh

And now conclusion;

Nikon is a little bit sharper and well corrected but this doesnt mean zeiss is not.I am talking about pixel peeping.Zeiss has the creamiest bokeh i have ever seen on a wide angle lens.Construction award goes to zeiss as well but nikon is shorter and has less weight which is a good thing for street shooting.
So which is best.I dont know.It is a personel taste.

If you like a lens built like a tank,great pop and have a tremendous bokeh gp with zeiss but dont forget to have exact focus at 1.4 to 2.8 is a real hit or miss

If you like a well built lens which is not heavy and has great sharpness and great bokeh with the ease of AF than go with Nikon.What about the micro contrast which zeiss have?PP will bring it out couse the difference is not huge like other Zeiss lenses to Nikon lenses.I thing this time Nikon has done its homework.

Thanks

Ahmed Gencal

amati's gear list:amati's gear list
Nikon D800E
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow