Reflection - 2 F200exr pictures

Started Jul 14, 2011 | Discussions thread
danny_only
Forum ProPosts: 11,115Gear list
Like?
Re: Thanks eilivk....
In reply to eilivk, Jul 23, 2011

eilivk wrote:

Thanks for your explanation, very easy to understand!

On P ISO used as you say. DR used 400% as I read it was best. Image size and quality as you said. Not often Auto WB, but found it could do things none of the other could manage.

I found fixing DR to 400% may affect the image quality for some scenes, especially when camera using ISO400.

Continuous Mode is OFF, there are five options I don’t understand.

I normally use the 'Top 3'. When shooting at slow shutter speed, I normally got the middle one sharper than the rest of the 2 shots.

Multi-Matrix Metering = Photometery on Multi?

Yes.

Shooting Mode on P I suppose? What is the use of A?

A for Aperture Priority mode, normally folks with film cameras or larger sensor digital cameras, can select different apertures for different DOF (depth of field) and shutter speeds. Since F200 has only 2 apertures (1 is simulated by using ND filter), thus DOF adjustment is no longer effective. I normally use it to alter the shutter speed, such as shooting waterfall with slow shutter speed for silky result.

With an Exif reader can I see all settings as they are when I take pictures?

Exif reader display camera exposure data and control settings of a picture displaying in your computer monitor. For Fuji EXR cameras, you need program which comes with the camera to read the DR used.

Some pictures I had in another thread was not so good, full zoom I suppose, F14. Noise Reduction the camera chose. How to avoid that? Used to manual adjustment, suppose there are only two aperture settings here.

Use A Mode, select larger aperture value, in your case, it may be something around f5.1, you will get a faster shutter speed to avoid hand shake or camera selecting a higher ISO.

Best not to ask for EXR settings!! This is more than enough...

Both cameras ok, only see some darkness in the outer corners. Well known problem? Could be the LCD or my PC.

There should not be any obvious too dark corners in F200 pictures even at wide angle end.

Nowadays, compact cameras are getting smaller and smaller, but packed with high power zoom, it is easy for cameras to develop lens decentered problem. I first learned of this in Panasonic forum, problem with a TZ3. when lens decentered, some part of the pictures blurred or not sharp. Not only cameras, but also lens, my Sigma 10-20mm lens also suffered lens decentered problem.

I had bought 2 F200exr cameras, the first F200 suffered from lens decentered problem, I need to replace it. When I bought my second F200 (first one permanent on loan to a relative), I tried 3 at shop, all 3 looked okay to me, I just took one home. I later bought a F300exr, also tried 3 at shop,all 3 looked okay to me, I just took one home. Heard a lot of complain about F550 lens problems here, may be a slip in QC or what, normally Japanese companies reserve the best stuff for home market.

Dilemma, G3 is perfect in many ways, but Nex7 (or 5) will have better lowlight quality and DR, I suppose. For a beginner the more userfriendly could be best.

Different cameras, with m4/3 cameras, you can play with tv lenses, movie lenses. Larger sensor NEX has lowlight and DR advantage. F200 beats my E-P1 in DR department (at least when shooting JPG), but low light performance, larger sensor cameras definetly better.

-- hide signature --

Best Regards,

Danny

'Close enough is good enough, I just come here for fun:p

Fujifilm Alternate Low Light Solution'

danny_only's gear list:danny_only's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix F30 Zoom Olympus C-4000 Zoom Panasonic Lumix DMC-FX1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-FX5 Panasonic Lumix DMC-TZ3 +13 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow