Started Jul 23, 2011 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Stevewb
Regular MemberPosts: 265Gear list
Like?
HX5..LCD washed out looking..?
Jul 23, 2011

Having a tough time getting a so called travel zoom I like...had the Nikon 9100, took it back...had the Samsung wb210..took it back too...

Now I have the HX5..great price at Amazon...but the LCD is totally over-exposed looking..at normal viewing angles..if I point the camera lens down and in towards me the screen shows more real color..a ,more vivid actual picture portrayed...I have set the LCD to standardl brightness...am I missing something...?

I cannot judge the exposure value---etc. for a picture cause I don't see in the LCD what the picture actually looks like when I download and view on my computer...the pics are great when I get to see them here....on the computer...

Does this make sense.....I really hate the screen which does not show any real picture accuracy for color and exposure..is the new HX7 and 9 a vast improvement..?..thanks for any help here....
--
I try not to pole vault over ant hills-----

Stevewb's gear list:Stevewb's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX3 Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ200 Nikon D80 Sony SLT-A55 Nikon AF Nikkor 50mm f/1.8D +7 more
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow