Started Jul 23, 2011 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
mbc28
Regular MemberPosts: 123Gear list
Like?
HX 100V - more testing low light, colour and my custom MR settings
Jul 23, 2011

Starting to like the results I'm getting more and more as I try out settings and options and getting less "throw aways" as well - so am setting them in MR ...pity they only have 3 spots for this ... its great and you can be ready to go with your custom settings in a blink instead of labouring through the settings menu all the time.

Interesting seeing what the camera selects when you use P mode and Auto ISO - in bright light it could select iso 100 or 125, 200 or even 250 ...as it did with the pic of our dog ...then in low light you'd think it would automatically go for a high ISO but it doesn't.... in one instance it chose 125 another 400 - I was expecting it to go to 800 and above - then I took the same image using the HHT mode in scene - here it took the multiple images it superimposed at ISO 160 and 100 ....interesting to see the results of both options - I do like the HHT mode a lot for hand held low light images - this is Sonys way of getting less noise from low light images and I think in the DP review of the A55 (their mirror less slr) it was mentioned (see quote below) that it was getting great results from superimposing images at higher ISO so theyre obviously doing the something similar here..... but with a smaller sensor, and I'm finding that in most cases it keeps the ISO under 800

All pic colour settings are Standard ... except for the pic of our dog which was taken colour set as "Real"

DP review quote:

"The A55's extension ISO 25,600 setting, where 6 JPEG images are taken in quick succession and blended together to reduce noise is interesting and, assuming your subject is static, it works very well. Because it's a JPEG combination mode this highest setting is not available in RAW - it's a shame as we'd be curious to see what careful processing could get out of such a file."

mbc28's gear list:mbc28's gear list
Sony RX100 II
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow