Question about Photoshop and Lightroom

Started Mar 28, 2011 | Discussions thread
Buzzzman
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,718
Like?
Lucas...
In reply to Lucas_, Jul 23, 2011

I am puzzled about your statement that you hate "lightroom's management system" I also have been using Photoshop for many years , (16) and resisted purchasing Lightroom, because I thought I didn't need it. I finally took the plunge and gave it a try i found out that Lightroom's strength is it's organizing capabilities. Actually. there is no need to reorganize your 80,000 files,, as lightroom can deal just fine with files wherever they are.. In fact, Lightoom doesn't 't even care how your images are organized,or if they are organized all .!!!Just import them wherever they are.

Once imported, a catalog can be sorted in infinite ways, quickly ,as you are not moving any files. . You can search for images on your whole system with multiple criteria in a manner of minutes. In bridge, this would take many hours.

When I first got Lightroom, i began to reorganize my files, but found out it would

forever to complete. Then I discovered I could work with it by leaving everything where it was., and still get to use its powerful organizing its and searching capabilities. You can always move files around later if you like.

By thy way, I am not advocating having all of your files strewn all over your system, but if you have 50,000 images strewn everywhere you could deal with if i you had to. in Lighrtoom.

i use Lightroom for organizing , and do just about all of my editing and ACRr and Photoshop ,
Buzz

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow